Sunday, October 1, 2006

Alex used the Potty

Abby was helping me sort through the Get Out Shirts getting ready for an event. There was one of the shirts that had a tag on it. Abby said, "We need to buy it" -

Alex wanted Melinda to hold him, she said she couldn't because her back hurt. The light came on in his head, and he ran and got his little back pack and gave it to Melinda, expecting it to make everything better.

Abby wouldn't go to sleep - she said that she was scared.

"But Mom, the dragons".
The dragons don't live inside
But they could come and knock on the door
But we won't let them in
Ohhhh

Rhett, Jared and I were playing Frisbee in the backyard on conference Saturday (29 September 2006)- Abby said look, a triangle. She has been learning a lot in pre-school. She learns a lot of new songs and on the walk home loves to sing. The song she probably knows the best is “I love you” from Barney. She will sing it again and again, faster and faster until she is nearly screaming it and it turns into a rock star version. She also sings, “I’m bringing home my baby bumble bee.” Alex likes to sing that one too. She is learning how to count and use her fingers to show her numbers. She still has to really concentrate to get her third finger up.

Alex used the potty for the first time on 19 September - he pushed so hard and each time he peed a little he would look down and point in surprise and say "look!" I would ask, “Are you done yet?” “Nope, I’m peeing”

Abby asked for some pudding, but she couldn't have any. "But my tummy hurts" she replied. "Pudding won't help your tummy." Thinking for a second, she came up with, "but my nose hurts"

No comments: