Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fun times

Melinda was gone with a group from the ward to sing a Cantata up in Logan. They had already performed for our Ward's Relief Society, and were asked to perform again for the Bishop's daughter's ward. She had a couple solos and sang very, very well.

While she was gone, the kids and I did some cleaning, then wrapped the web cam that we bought for Mom, Fred and Riley. It's going to be a great way to see them more often while they are so far away. We headed over to FedEx to send it up to Alaska.



After FedEx we headed over to the library where the kids had a great time picking out books. I picked out a lot of books myself, but there were all kids books, ones that I remember reading when I was a kid, like, Where the Wild Things Are, and The Biggest Bear. I also picked out a few Dr. Suess books that we don't have.

After we got home, Poppy came over. (Nana was also gone singing in the Cantata). He ended up reading a handful of books to the kids and did a great job, complete with different voices. It was a perfect Poppy moment.

No comments: